Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Soup for a Cold

I've had a head cold for the past few days.
So today when wondering what I should make for the days main meal I figured what better than good ol' chicken vegetable soup!
So I opened my refrigerator and grabbed what I had and made it.
I didn't measure. Just threw it all together.
<:>
Brown chicken strips in olive oil until cooked.
Remove from skillet and set chicken aside.
-
Cut up some carrots, onion, broccoli, & celery into small pieces.
Saute the vegetables in skillet until tender.
-
Cut the chicken into small pieces.
Put the chicken and the vegetables into crock pot.
Pour some chicken broth into the crock pot.
Pour a can of diced tomatoes in.
Add two minced garlic cloves.
Add some no salt seasoning.
-
I cooked about one cup of Orzo pasta.
It's what I had in my pantry. I was out of whole grain rice.
So I cooked the Orzo then poured it into the crock pot.
-
After pouring the Orzo in I then judged how much more liquid it may need to create a good broth and put some water in until it looked right.
-
Then I let it cook in the crock pot four hours.
<:>
Perfect!

1 comment: