Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bean Turkey Chili Soup ?

This is something that I have sort of created and not sure what to name it.
I like it because it not only taste good (especially on cold days), but it's so easy to use the crock pot.

1 pkg,(about 1 1/2pounds), ground lean turkey meat
1/2 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can 15oz kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 can 15oz garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
1 can 15oz white beans, drained & rinsed
1 can 4oz mild green chilies
1 can 15oz diced tomatoes, low sodium
2 celery sticks, diced
32oz low sodium vegetable broth
seasoning of choice ( I use Costco's no salt seasoning blend)

Brown the ground turkey meat in skillet with onion and garlic.
Put the meat, onion, garlic in crock pot.
Add all the remaining ingredients to the crock pot.
Cook on low 8-10 hours.

Loaded with good protein and you can add bell peppers to it also......I just didn't have any today :(

1 comment:

  1. I think I need to get some of that Costco seasoning.... Yum. I'm trying a new recipe tomorrow. I will let you know if it's good or not.

    ReplyDelete