Monday, January 18, 2010

Gotta love those Smoothies!


I must say that I'm really loving the smoothies for breakfast. I'm finding that I'm drinking much less coffee since I've started having a smoothie in the morning.
So refreshing and full of natural energy and vitamins to get the day started. Much better than the heavy eggs, bacon, potatoes & toast we used to have.

Very simple. All I do is get the blender out.
Put in a large spoonful of low-fat plain yogurt ( which adds thickness & protein).
Pour in some juice ( which for me is usually the 100% orange juice).
I then put in one banana and mix it all until smooth.
Then it's just a matter of preference for the day.....
I have several bags of frozen fruits in my freezer.
Some days I put in some blueberries & strawberries.
Some days I put in strawberries and the tropical mix of mango's & pineapple.

The trick is to experiment and find out what you like and throw it in the blender then mix it all up until thick and smooth. I make ours very thick. I just keep putting the frozen fruits in as it's mixing until it barely moves!

This yummy breakfast will fill you up, start your day with energy, and helps to keep away the sweet cravings!

1 comment:

  1. Add some protein powder to those smoothies and you will build muscle as you lose weight! I add some fiber to mine too!

    ReplyDelete