Sunday, January 17, 2010

Beginning a new year......

My hubby and I decided about six weeks ago that we felt heavy and uncomfortable. We are not obese but were gaining weight we didn't want to gain. We were feeling tired and sluggish and old........well, we are getting old! Let's just say we are between the ages of 55-65.
Since our healthy pursuit we have lost 8 pounds each!

Putting the weight aside we wanted to be healthier. To lower our cholesterol and blood pressure. To be able to move our joints around better and keep up with our very active grandchildren.

So I pulled all my cookbooks off the shelf and began weeding through the thousands of recipes in search of healthy ones. Recipes without all the fat content, starches and artificial ingredients.
I made a list of the recipes I wanted to use and I've listed them by the titles of the cookbooks. When ever I feel free to sit and type I grab the cookbook and begin typing out the recipes listed for that book. I'm printing out the typed recipes and putting them in protective page sleeves. I've bought two good binders and tabbed dividers and I'm making my own recipe books. Books full of only good healthy recipes.

One thing that is most important is taste. Another that is most important is for the recipe to be simple enough that I don't have to spend hours or too much effort in the making.

So here I go. I will post the recipes I use with the changes that I may have made when making it and then I will let you know how we liked it. How we like it is just our opinion. You can try it for yourself and decide!

1 comment:

  1. Are you using sea salt? I get mine in grinders at Sam's Club for about $3 and it lasts along time and we use WAY less than regular salt. Also Mrs Dash has tons of flavors to use on just about everything! Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete