Sunday, January 24, 2010



Here's something I never tried before and now has become one of my favorite snacks.
I bought a big box at Costco which has several individual bags of Edamame still in the shells. All I do is put one of the bags in the microwave for 3 minutes. I then empty the bag into a small bowl and sprinkle LIGHTLY with sea salt. I can easily sit and eat the entire bowl myself.
Where I used to grab a bag of chips to munch on I now enjoy these. You can buy them already shelled but I like to pop them out of the shell into my mouth and it seems , well sort of feel more of a treat that way.
Jim also loves them!
Besides the popping of them out of their shells for something fun to do while snacking, you can use them in several types of recipes.
They are known to have many health benefits.
Here is a website about them:

http://aerogreen.tripod.com/edamame.htm

2 comments:

  1. they are yummy, but I've heard eating to many will give you the runnies?? Have you had any problems with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had no problems with eating them. The bags I get from Costco are only about a cup in size and it's enough to satisfy my craving.

    ReplyDelete