Monday, February 1, 2010

Health Update

Well I started this blog to keep track of my venture towards better health so it's time for an update.
I've been eating nothing but healthy low fat foods. Lots of fresh fruits, vegetables and fiber. Very little starch, sugars or sodium. There are always times when you gotta have the treats such as holidays or birthdays etc. and one needs that once in a while, but those times are very rare now when before they were a pretty regular habit.

I'm working on my recipe copies and putting together my own cookbook. I'm enjoying when I discover new ideas to taste test.

I am now on my 10th day of a six week challenge using the Wii Active exercise routine. I feel muscles in my arms & legs that I hadn't felt for a while. I can fit into jeans that had been stuffed away in my closet. I now need to use the next set of hooks on my bra because it was beginning to feel too loose.
I've lost 9 pounds!

Just one week ago I had my cholesterol tested. The beginning of December it was 327. Now it is 317. It's only ten points but it did go down. I am unable to take the Statin prescriptions and I am trying the natural way to lower it. I searched different sources and found a supplement called "Guggul". I have been taking it. But the points only went down 10 points and my doctor says that the bad cholesterol actually went up. I don't quite understand how that happens but it did.
So I'm now starting something else. I'm still taking the Guggul supplements and also added some Niacin pills & Fish Oil capsules.

I've heard that Red Yeast Rice pills help but I've tried them and they make me feel very bloated. My body doesn't tolerate yeast very well.

I am happy to say that my blood pressure has stayed at a lower level than it was before. I check it on & off at home with a wrist monitor.

So onward and downward......downward in pounds and cholesterol that is. I'll get my cholesterol checked again in April so will be posting an update at that time! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment